Quick update on project “Twelve”; it has been renamed to “12th Street” (tying the original project name into a fictional street in Toronto) and I plan to shoot the entire project in (downtown) Toronto. Just because there’s so much to photograph there!
To warm things up, these are the twelve films I’ve selected for next year’s project.
Black & White Print Films:
- China Lucky SHD 100, ✟ February 2013
- Ilford Delta 400, ✟ March 2013
- Kodak T-Max 100, ✟ September 2015
- Rollei Superpan 200, ✟ August 2016
- Shanghai GP3 100, ✟ September 2016
- Rollei RPX 400, ✟ March 2017
Color Print Films:
- Fujicolor Reala 100, ✟ June 2005
- Fujicolor Reala 100, ✟ November 2007
- Kodak New Portra 160, ✟ March 2015
- Kodak Ektar 100, ✟ April 2015
Color Reversal Films:
- Kodak Ektachrome 100 Plus, ✟ March 1999
- Kodak E100 SW, ✟ November 2004
I’ll probably try to find replacements for the rolls in cursive, especially that dreadful GP3, but this is the team for now. I’m curious what the Ektachrome will look like, but that’s still a long wait I suspect.
Then the camera: I’m going with my trusted Yashica Mat 124G. I can’t think of an easier and more reliable camera than this grand old lady. She has served me well over the years.
What are your choices of film and/or equipment? Share your ideas!
To achieve a reasonably productive new year I’d like to start a new project, called “12th Street”. Essentially I plan to shoot one roll of film each month and pick a street, any street, for that roll. It’s not very ambitious and therefor I believe it has a much better chance of success (at least for me) than the 365-days or 52-weeks and other variants out there which I’ve tried but failed at.
The only ambitious aspect of this project is that, for myself, I’m going to shoot in medium format only. This will hopefully help me choose my photographs more carefully, since there’s only 12 (or at best 24) shots on one roll.
I’m using medium format expired film only, hoping that will yield some interesting results and possible topics for conversation.
But you could use whatever film you’re comfortable with or have access to, of course. Because it would be nice if this project could be shared with some fellow photographers, who can post their respective results each month here on this blog. Perhaps even more fun if some of us (if local) join up for a walk about town. If you’d like to participate or know someone who would, spread the word and get in touch. The new year is fast approaching.
- Project: “
Twelve” “12th Street”
- Choose 1 street per month and shoot one roll of film on that street
- Share your work with fellow photographers through this blog
- Sign up so you can be added as an Author/Contributor to this project
- Get other photographers to participate
- Contribute and discuss
- Have fun!